Blog: Burglary Law in Maryland – Burglary Lawyers in Maryland | First, Second, Third, Fourth Degree Burglary
By: G. Randolph Rice, Jr. on March 11
DRIVING WITHOUT A LICENSE
Have you Received a Driving without a License Ticket in Maryland?
If you've been stopped by law enforcement and cited with one or more traffic citations in the state of Maryland, contact the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, at 410.288.2900 to discuss your options and the best course of action.
Maryland Vehicle Law: § 16-101
(a) In general. -- An individual may not drive or attempt to drive a motor vehicle on any highway in this State unless:
(1) The individual holds a driver's license issued under this title;
(2) The individual is expressly exempt from the licensing requirements of this title; or
(3) The individual otherwise is specifically authorized by this title to drive vehicles of the class that the individual is driving or attempting to drive.
(b) Motor-assisted bicycles. -- Each individual operating on any highway in this State a moped, as defined in § 11-134.1 of this article or a motor scooter, as defined in § 11-134.5 of this article, shall have with the individual:
(1) A driver's license issued to the individual under this title, which license may be of any class issued by the Administration;
(2) If the individual is a nonresident of this State, a license to drive issued to the individual by the state or country of the individual's residence, which license may be for any class of vehicle; or
(3) A moped operator's permit issued to the individual under this subtitle.
MVA Points for Driving While Suspended Violations in the state of Maryland
Penalties for Driving without a License violations in the state of Maryland can include fines, court costs, or MVA points.
- Driving Without A License: 5 MVA points.
- Operating a (moped, motor scooter) without a license or permit: 5 MVA points.
- Person driving without required license class: 2 MVA points.
What Should I do if I Received a Driving Without a Licence Ticket in Maryland?
For Driving Withouth a License violations in the State of Maryland, you must appear for Court. Don't appear without an experienced Driving Without a License Defense Attorney with you. If you want to avoid the points and attempt to reduce the fine then you should call the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, to find out how we can help.
However, the smartest, savviest, and most cost effective solution to a traffic ticket problem is to hire an experienced Maryland traffic attorney to fight on your behalf. Having a Maryland traffic lawyer handling your ticket can keep your fines to a minimum, your insurance premiums low, and your driving record clean. Traffic tickets impact your insurance premiums, and your right to have a driver's license, for many years.
Call us now at 410.288.2900!
View Randolph speak on Traffic Tickets Violations