Truck Accidents

Why Choose the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr. LLC?

Truck accident and crashes are an everyday occurrence in and around Baltimore, Maryland. From Baltimore County, Harford County, Howard County, Baltimore City, and Anne Arundel County, MD, hundreds of Truck accidents occur every day. G. Randolph Rice, Jr., with the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, can make sure you get what you deserve from the insurance company and responsible parties.

From minor fender benders, rear-end accidents, pedestrian accidents, parking lot accidents, to serious fatalities on the interstates, odds are that you know someone that has been involved in an automobile accident.

We can’t always prevent Truck accidents from occurring, but you do have a choice in the lawyers that handle your case after the accident. We pride ourselves at the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, in providing personal service to each of our clients. When you call the office, you speak to an attorney, not a paralegal or secretary; you get G. Randolph Rice, Jr. If you call and we’re in Court or a meeting, we ensure that you receive a call back by the end of the day.

Who is Responsible?

When personal injury occurs you have a million questions. Who is responsible? Who is going to pay for the damage to my vehicle in the Truck accident? Who is responsible for the other driver’s vehicle? Who is going to pay for my medical bills? Can I collect lost wages?

We can answer all of thses questions and more when you schedule a Free Initial Truck Accident consultation. We are available 24/7 to help you with your Truck accident case.

Possible Injuries Sustained In a Truck Accident Case

If you are involved in an automobile accident you may suffer from immediate injuries or not realize until days or weeks later that you are injured.

If you have been involved in an automobile accident in the Baltimore region, you know how traumatic the experience can be.

It is possible to suffer from muscle injuries, broken bones, nerve damage, head trauma, spinal injuries, burns from the airbags, bruising brought on by contact with the interior of the vehicle or if ejected from the fall and subsequent contact with other objects, whiplash, broken and dislocated bones, loss of a limb or the worst damage; death.

Crashes involving motorcycle and bicycles are known to cause traumatic brain injuries as well as spinal cord injuries, either of which can be temporary or permanent.

Lost Wages and Lost Time

Not only does a Truck accident have an effect on your automobile, but it also disrupts your work and personal life. You can be subjected to missing days, weeks, months, or ever worse; permanently unable to work because of your injuries.

At the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, we work with your employer to collect the most efficient and exact information to demand that the opposing insurance companies or responsible parties compensate you for the time lost at work, with your family and personal time you spend on treating for your injuries.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP)

Most of my clients are unfamiliar with Personal Injury Protection (PIP) when they are involved in an automobile accident. PIP is a no-fault insurance policy that is attached to your Truck insurance. Most people don’t even realize that they pay for PIP each time they renew their Truck insurance policy with a premium payment.

You automatically have PIP coverage and the only way you would not be covered is if you waived the PIP coverage when you paid your premium. Most people have PIP benefits of $2,500.00, but you are able to increase your PIP benefits in Maryland with a higher premium.

PIP benefits are used to pay for medical and lost wages after a Truck accident. At the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC we will seek the full PIP benefits on your behalf and ensure that all payments are made according to your policy.

In addition, if you do not have Truck insurance or are not covered under your own policy, you may be entitled to the PIP benefits of the vehicle you are riding in if you a passenger.

Fighting with the Insurance Companies?

At the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, we have handled thousands of cases and we know how to fight with the insurance companies to ensure that you get what you deserve. Please call us at 410.288.2900 to schedule you free Truck accident consultation with an experienced Baltimore accident lawyer.

General Guidelines for What to Do After an Automobile Accident Include

  • Stay calm. Don’t argue or yell.
  • Do not move any vehicles until after the police arrive, unless you are on an expressway.
  • If you are on an expressway, try get the Trucks out of the traffic lanes. If you are near the crest of a hill, try to warn drivers coming over the hill.
  • Ask someone to call the police 911. Don’t let anyone talk you out of it.
  • Do not say you are not hurt. Some internal injuries do not show up for days. It is often both truthful and prudent to simply say that you are "shaken up." Do not be too proud to ride in an ambulance if police or paramedics suggest it.
  • Note any other causes of the wreck, such as road hazards, etc.
  • If you have a camera in the Truck, take pictures of the scene and the vehicles (damage, defects, odd tags or bumper stickers, alcohol and drug containers, etc.

What to do when Police Arrive

  • Be pleasant, cooperative and truthful.
  • Speak slowly and clearly in order to be understood.
  • Do not make guesses about time, speed and distance. You likely would be wrong.
  • Do not say it was your fault. That can be determined when you are not in shock.
  • If you smelled alcohol on another driver’s breath, or saw a driver and passenger switch places after a wreck, tell the officer.
  • Give the police officer and the other driver information about your auto insurance, but do not tell anyone at the scene that your insurance will pay damages for anyone.
  • Promptly notify your own automobile insurance company.
  • If a strange person appears at the wreck and offers you a ride to a chiropractor, or if you are called later by a stranger who learns of the wreck and tries to get you to go to a particular chiropractor or lawyer, get his name and tag or phone number. Report him to the police.
  • If you get a ticket, don’t argue with the officer. You must sign it to acknowledge receipt.
  • From the other driver’s license, copy the name, address, license number and date of birth. Write down the tag number. If a large truck is involved, also copy everything that is written on the side of the truck.
  • Talk to an experienced lawyer at the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC before you sign anything else, give a written or tape recorded statement, go to traffic court, or settle with a claims adjuster.

View Randolph speak on Personal Injury and Auto Accidents

Print Friendly